Why become a member? ×

Indonesian Stingray

Bobzilla

Had the opportunity to have a little play on an indonesian 'Ray at the weekend when buying my new (to me) amp. And I really quite liked it. But I can't find them. Have they become the Sterling by MusicMan Ray 34 range?

What about the SUB range of SBMM? Are they any good?

For reference, my usual bass is a PBass Lyte Deluxe, and I had a Warwick Streamer LX 5, which I would have kept if it didn't have the extra string. Next bass was going to be a second hand warwick 4 string. Until the weekend.

[quote name='Bobzilla' timestamp='1428404874' post='2740909']
What about the SUB range of SBMM? Are they any good?
[/quote]

Yes, but the pre-amp needs tweaking and I've replaced the p/up with an alnico GFS MM pro-plus. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/255531-nbd-even-more-sub-ray4-love/page__fromsearch__1"]My NBD[/url].

That, sir, is genius. And I just happen to be pretty decent with a soldering iron, so more than happy to play about with making the MM2EQ preamp. I might be back for some assistance/thoughts.

Any thoughts on putting a side entry jack in? How hard is it, and what to do with the spare hole? I guess you could mount the switch that you have on yours?