Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD: Stunning Matt Pulcinella Level 5 MM/P Config
£1000

KeithKelly30

Very striking Matt Pulcinella Level 5 with Musicman and Precision bass pickup configuration.
The colour is very striking and really stands out. It's a red and blue with a hint of yellow burst and very unusual.
It sounds amazing and does both the Musicman and Precision thing brilliantly well. it has Nordstrand pickups and I have recently installed a brand new John East U Retro Deluxe preamp which is the most versatile preamp I have ever used. The John East set me back £250 but well worth it.

Brand new you are looking at over £2000 for this bass and at £1000 it is a real bargain for what you are getting.

Here are the specs for this bass:

Body: Alder

Neck: Maple

Fingerboard: Birdseye Maple

Bridge: Hipshot B style bridge

Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite tuners

Preamp: John East U Retro Deluxe

Pickups: Nordstrand MM and P Pickups

Edited by KeithKelly30

I think if this bass sounds half as good as it looks, it'll blow most things into the weeds.

Some mundane details for those of us in the real world: what's the weight, what's the string spacing at the bridge, and what is the distance of the MM pickup from the bridge?

Hi Pete

I can assure you that this bass sounds every bit as good as it looks. It sounds huge! The weight of the bass is 4Kgs, the string spacing is 19mm at the bridge and the Musicman pickup is exactly the same distance away from the bridge as it is on a stingray 5. When you use the MM pickup on its own it sounds exactly like a stingray 5 and in my opinion a slight bit warmer because of the Nordstrand Pickup and the Alder body. The P pickup is in exactly the same position as it would be on a P bass so both pickups are very close together. Its is one of the most versatile basses I have ever owned and a joy to play. It is a handcrafted instrument and the workmanship is outstanding. You won't find better for the money.

Edited by KeithKelly30