Why become a member? ×

Russian Muff Whizzer-mod version

bobbass4k

I know, i know, you probably get 50 posts a day about the russian muff, but (i hope) mine's slightly original...

I had a Russian Muff before and it died a horrible death, I liked it, but it wasn't the fuzz pedal messiah, and i'd started focusing on a jazz band at the time so i never bothered replacing it, but now i've moved back to my post-rock/stoner-rock/sludge doom/ambient/jam band (even we don't know what we sound like) i want to replace it, now of course they've stopped selling the russian muffs, i was forced to scour evilBay, and came across this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130246194915&translate=no&ssPageName=LanguageToggle). So my question (finally) is if anyone knows what this souped up russian muff on acid sounds like? My big concern is the guy rambles on and on about the guitar tones you can get out of it, and never once mentions the humble bass, so i was wondering if in his extensive modifications he's lost the bass response? Anyone have any solid experience with this?, because it's the only thing putting me off it, cheers

Edited by bobbass4k