Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb NT 2008 FOR SALE

rhinomcrhino

Hello

I am looking to sell my Neck-Through Thumb.

I'm sure you're all aware of the sound/features/quality of this bass so i won't go blabbing on about them.
I bought it in February this year from my local store.
It been very well looked after, cleaned and waxed carefully in the short time i've had it.

Reason for sale: To be honest i'm just too used to my Jazz Bass and have found it difficult to adjust to the different feel of the warwick, which is a shame, because its the best sounding bass i've heard.
I've also just bought a car which is proving to be expensive to run and the Thumb is simply to valuable to be sitting there not being played.

List Price for these is £2400, although I know they're going on various websites for around £1800.

The bass is currently set up to my taste; very low action with extra light strings. (Roto 35-90)

I would be willing to have the bass set up as directed by the potential new owner, and would consider delivery (within reason, I live in Shropshire) if the asking price is met.

Considering this bass is in excellent condition and still under warranty, i'd like £1195. Although i'd be open to sensible offers.

I'm fairly new to this board but i'm expecting my email address to show on this message, if not let me know... or i can give my mobile number to anyone who might be interested.

Thanks for your time.
Adam

Edited by rhinomcrhino

[quote name='saibuster' post='262299' date='Aug 14 2008, 11:54 AM']Hi

How many strings does it have? can you post some pictures of it?

ito.[/quote]

sh*t, sorry... Its a 4 String.

**pics uploaded**

(apologies for the slight fuzziness, poor phone and photography skills....)

Cheers

Edited by rhinomcrhino

I don't think the lack of response to your thread has anything to do with your pics or photography skills but more to do with the present buying/selling climate!

The RRP on Warwicks and their present low esteem/presence means that 2nd hand values have taken a hammering :)

£1200 for something that cost £2400 less than a year ago is indeed (very) cheap but folks just aren't stumping up that kind of money at the minute. Hang onto it if you can and just enjoy, things will turn the corner and your Thumb (along with every other Wick) will achieve its true potential :huh: