Why become a member? ×

Dingwall ABZ5 - near mint - SOLD
£1300

Paulhauser

FEELER!

I'm thinking about selling my Dingwall ABZ5.
I've taken a honest look at what this year brings in terms of gigs / recordings and how much time I can put into bass playing in general and I came to a conclusion that I will fare well with my heavily modded Spector and the Ibby sixer, both being longtime favorites of mine. I'm selling the other instruments I have to free up some cash.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This Dingwall ABZ5 was originally bought last year at Bass Direct. [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The bass is stock, no modifications done. It has no scratches, dings or any kind of damage. There are small swirls on the front of the body that are only visible fron an angle and some scratches on the pu housing (very minor) It still has the original strings with still life in them. [/font][/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I've used only at my home studio si[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nce I bought it a couple of months ago [/font]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]All in all the bass is in a very very good condition, almost as new I'd say. [/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sounds really great and it has a sleek very comfortable design. It is also light and hangs well on the strap.[/font]
This was my first ever try of a fanned fret instrument and just as most DW players say, it took me no time getting used to it.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Specs:[/font][/size]

[indent=1][color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]•[/font][/color][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]5 String Bass 34" - 37[/font][/size][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]•Dingwall made in Canada FD3-A pickups with P tone neck pickup - £65 option[/font][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]•[/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Dingwall passive controls, volume, pickup selector [color=#000000](Bridge, both parallel, both series, Neck)[/color], tone.[/font][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]•Two piece swamp ash body[/font][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]•Midnight satin finish £155 option[/font][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]•Optional rear strap button - £40 (allows to bass to hang 4 - 5 inches over to your right)[/font][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]•Wenge Fingerboard - satin finish[/font][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]•Banjo frets[/font][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]•Novax® Fanned -Fret System™[/font][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]•Maple neck[/font][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]•Weight - 8lb 1oz/3.6kg[/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]•Manufactured in Canada[/font][/color][/indent]

[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Sale price is 1300£ shipped within the EU. [/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Price includes all the tools that came with the bass, a pair of Dunlop straplocks and Soft SC of some kind in which to ship.[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Please note that these are a tab bit over 2000£ new with the options it has and I'm happy to keep it if there is no suitable offer. [/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Trades: eventhough I'd like to sell it there are some basses on my wishlist, so I could be tempted with a Sadowsky 5, Yamaha TRB 6PII, US made Spector Coda DX5 or NS5 XL or US MTD's. [/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]I can add cash for the right trade. [/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]pics: [/size][/font][/size][/font][/color][url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fyv901s3b278o86/AABkYg9qv4lxpa2O0UJBSZl1a?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox....O0UJBSZl1a?dl=0[/url]

[attachment=183851:ABZMidnTop.jpg]

[attachment=183890:IMG_5249.jpg]

[attachment=183891:IMG_5250.jpg]

[attachment=183892:IMG_5251.jpg]

[attachment=183893:IMG_5252.jpg]

[attachment=183894:IMG_5253.jpg]

Edited by Paulhauser

[quote name='Paulhauser' timestamp='1424030588' post='2691803']
Hey Mark, thanks! How is it going?
This Dingwall would be a nice color fit to your transblue Spector.....just sayin' :-D
[/quote]

Everything is good thanks Paul, it would make a very nice addition!! However, i still keep going back to your 6LX for a sneaky peek! :-) GLWTS mate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...