Why become a member? ×

Re-Booking, How Is it Done?

blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1423092567' post='2680818']
I guess the way I see it, at the bar band level ( I can't speak for pub bands even though there are some similarities) a packed bar and over the top alcohol sales does not not mean the LL is going to bend over backwards to re-book the band.

I don't think it's a good idea when a band has a fantastic night to sit back and say;

[i]" Wow! did you how busy the bar was all night and the crowd was huge, I know the LL will be giving us a call"[/i]

Blue
[/quote]

But over here, if that was all true, they definitely would. This is why we don't have to chase too many pub dates.
I can't imagine a LL not doing that...

Your market seems pretty strange to me...if they'd turn down such a gift horse..??

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1423143445' post='2681321']
But over here, if that was all true, they definitely would. This is why we don't have to chase too many pub dates.
I can't imagine a LL not doing that...

Your market seems pretty strange to me...if they'd turn down such a gift horse..??
[/quote]

I think it's a cultural difference. Over here we know that LLs don't attribute an exceptional night to the band. And they don't call the bands because they feel if they call they're at a disadvantage on price.

Don't get me wrong, it can happen, the LL calling the band. But it would be the exception to the rule.

blue.

Edited by blue

If they don't consider the band makes a successful night, then why do they bother with a band at all..?

Not sure I would really want to do their gig, tbh. I don't like playing to poor turn-outs so I'd knock that
venue off the list. If we really liked the place, then we'd work it a little harder.
There are a couple of town venues, where passer-bys might all come in around 2230 and that can be
a good turn-out in the end, but we've finished by 2330 or so, so it doesn't really appeal..

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1423214888' post='2682210']
If they don't consider the band makes a successful night, then why do they bother with a band at all..?

Not sure I would really want to do their gig, tbh. I don't like playing to poor turn-outs so I'd knock that
venue off the list. If we really liked the place, then we'd work it a little harder.
There are a couple of town venues, where passer-bys might all come in around 2230 and that can be
a good turn-out in the end, but we've finished by 2330 or so, so it doesn't really appeal..
[/quote]

Their success might be attributed to several elements, It could be the live music they provide,how they promote themselves, drink prices, location or the fact that it's a nice bar. What I'm saying is, they generally will not attribute a successful night to that specific band. Chasing bar owners is the way it is over here. If you don't chase you don't gig.

I'm thinking, as a rule many of our bar owners are not as logical as your pub LLs.

Blue

Edited by blue