Why become a member? ×

Mooer bass pedals

Black Coffee

I'm happy to buy the clone of the clone at £20-£25 a time. They seem to have been breaking ground a little with some of their odder pedals, but maybe they are just copies of other strange and little-advertised effects that I don't know about.

As much as anything I'm buying them for the form factor, but I definitely wouldn't keep them if they sounded bad.

• 1 year later...

I've recently built a pedal board for acoustic fretted bass and EUB on a super low budget with some success.

Many of you guys may have read this article but I found it most interesting: http://www.angst.org.uk/?p=184

I bought a few Donner, Aroma and Movall pedals all for less than £100 combined. My experience has been mostly positive, especially the from the Donner and Aroma gear. The Movall pedal is incredibly noisy and sucks tone all at the same time.

Donner Tuner - Does what it say on the tin
Movall Pre-amp - Noisy and sucks tone
Donner Noise Gate - works just fine
Aroma Reverb - Really subtle and lovely to use. Total copy of the Mooer Shimverb

I never expected these pedals to be of quite the same quality of some of the other pedals that I use on my main pedal board (Souce Audio Programmable EQ, Keeley Bassist compressor, EHX Bass Balls and MXR Carbon Copy) but for a live gigging in pubs and clubs they are certainly more than adequate.