Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender CIJ PB62-US Reissue Precision
£525

spinynorman

This is now sold.

Continuing the downsizing, I'm selling my Fender "Crafted in Japan" 62 reissue Precision. By the serial number, made between 1999 and 2002. A rather nice sunburst with PB Vintage USA pickups.

According to the information I was given when I bought it a year ago, it has had some work done to it two owners ago.[list]
[*]Pots were changed to CTS, with wiring changed to cloth - to make it a re-issue internally as well as externally
[*]Tuners have been replaced for reverse style Gotohs, again to be period correct.
[/list]
I've added a bridge cover, which may not be period correct, I just like it.

The screw holes on the replacement tuners don't exactly line up with the stock holes, and rather than drill new holes, one screw has been left out on each tuner. I was also told when I bought it that two of the elephant ears are slightly bent, which may still be true, but I can't see it. The tuners are marked in places, and a bit tarnished, or at least dull. None of this affects the tuning.

There are plenty of scratches and tiny dings on the body, as it clearly hasn't spent the last 15 years or so under a bed. There's nothing that should worry you, unless you're looking for something pristine. The neck is good and plays well, if you like Precision necks. It's strung with Rotosound Tru Bass black nylon strings, which are nicer than I expected.

Specs[list]
[*]Body: Alder
[*]Neck: Maple
[*]Fretboard: Rosewood
[*]Radius: 184R
[*]Frets: 20
[*]Nut width: 42mm
[*]Bridge: Spiral Vintage
[*]Pickups: PB Vintage USA
[/list]
It comes with a generic hard shell case. Collection is possible, from Warwickshire, 30 mins west of J15 on M40, or I can arrange a courier at cost.

Price is £525 + delivery if required.

Edited by spinynorman

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1422146020' post='2669304']
Nice.
Surprised the previous owner didn't also add a tugbar.
[/quote]

Maybe. Period-correct isn't an issue for me, it's just a very nice bass. But as I'm not playing at all right now, I can't justify keeping all of them.