Why become a member? ×

Bass playing with hand problems

Mottlefeeder

I have a health problem that causes my thumbs to go into cramp after about 90 seconds of sustained use. I'm currently using work-arounds and sloppy technique to get by.

Any bass tutors in the Warrington / Manchester area interested in exploring whether I can improve my playing?

Thanks

David

Look into BAPAM, an organisation of health professionals with special knowledge and interest in health problems associated with the performing arts. They came to my attention through an article about the treatment of a member of the London Philharmonic Orchestra

Best wishes for a good resolution for your issue

[quote name='Mottlefeeder' timestamp='1421325380' post='2659828']
I have a health problem that causes my thumbs to go into cramp after about 90 seconds of sustained use. I'm currently using work-arounds and sloppy technique to get by.

Any bass tutors in the Warrington / Manchester area interested in exploring whether I can improve my playing?

Thanks

David
[/quote]

I'm based in Warrington and could give some technique/posture lessons to help relieve the strain.

[quote name='alstocko' timestamp='1421716027' post='2664353']
I'm based in Warrington and could give some technique/posture lessons to help relieve the strain.
[/quote]

Thanks for your interest - I'll send you some more information in a PM and then we can decide how to play it.

David