Why become a member? ×

J Davie Guitars

theplumber

Just pulled the trigger on a bass off e bay by Jamie Davie,who it seems makes stuff for Quo,Smokie,Robert Fripp and many more as they say! Had a look at his website and some of the stuff looks ace,mainly guitars though! Anyone here have a guitar or bass built by this guy. I believe the cheaper ones are made up of parts he buys in,but that doesnt really bother me if its a good one!!

Jamie used to have a guitar shop in my old home town, Shifnal. He now has a workshop in his garden. He's a bass player himself and a very nice guy. I've never had him build a bass for me but he has done some set-up work on my basses for me in the past. No complaints

I've played a few of Jamie's basses which have been spot on. When I lived in Telford I was a regular visitor to his shop in Shifnal for numerous little repairs and setups. Never had any cause for complaint! I did see a guitar made for the Quo and it was lovely.