Why become a member? ×

Anyone interested in my black Hohner Pro Jack Bass Custom?

xilddx

It's a great bass, never goes out of tune and has been unremittingly reliable for the the three years I've gigged it.

She's been very well looked after, regular lemon oil on the fingerboard, recent fret dress and set up, only one tiny ding on the bottom edge that I only just noticed today. There are a four small holes in between the top of the pups where I fitted a thumb rest, easily filled and touched in. Very, very light rash on the back, unmodified. I'll also chuck in a spare set of D'Addarios DBEs too.

She has a great tone, active with a bypass switch that means the electronics work even if the battery is dead.

I bought it new from the Bass Cellar a few years ago. I'm looking for £265 ono.

[quote name='Wayward-Wanderer' post='259656' date='Aug 11 2008, 12:04 AM']Nice looking thing, any soundbites at all?[/quote]

You are welcome to nip over and give it a go if you like. I'm in Ealing, W London. I haven't got any useful "soundbites". She's sort of a bass-for-all-seasons, a great range of tones that are in sort of Jazz Bass territory. Not growly like a Warwick, more warm round tones with a bit of snarl in the treble. With the active switched on you can get DEEP dub sounds, warm round tones and she's got good slap tones too. In-between Jazz tones are there too because of the two volume controls.

Hope that helps! If you want to try it, PM me and we'll arrange a time.

Cheers.

I got let down so this is now on Ebay again if you want to bid. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330262630484"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=330262630484[/url]

I am not taking any offers this time so the auction will run to the finish.

Cheers.