Why become a member? ×

Sterling fretless any good?

leftyhook

there is a LUSH stirling fretless in Electro Music in doncaster at the mo, 2nd hand. Not sure what they wanted for it, think it was 650, Birdseye maple neck too. think it was sunburst. LOVELY.

It played reallllllly nice. ive not had a massive experiance with fretless basses, ive only had a MIM Jazz and the fretless I made. Ive picked up a few other fretless basses to mess about on them but the stirling was my fav (more so the a fretless Wal (IMHO). Altho ive never played any other fretless musicmans to compaire.

I love the sound you get from Musicmans though. doesnt matter which bass it is, they all sound emense. and the fretless is no diffrent. You still get that baby stingray growl, but its much more bluesy and much less sharp.

But TBH untill you play one you wont know if its the bass for you. If your close to doncaster, pop by if they still have it in. I saw it weekend before last in there, but check electro website cause its on there in the 2nd hand bit.