Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD: Fender MIJ '62 RI Jazz Bass w/Nordstrands and J-Retro preamp
£550

Jakester

It is with great sadness that I find myself having to sell off the majority of my bass gear. Essentially, I'm not playing, and don't really have the time to find another band to play with, plus the car's just required major surgery, so it seems somewhat silly for me to have all this great gear just sitting in cases around the place. Anyway, I digress...

For sale is my Fender MIJ '62RI Jazz bass in faded Sonic Blue. The finish is more like a faded Surf Green, but I'm assured it's Sonic Blue. It comes with a Red Tort and a sort of mint/parchment pick guards.

I purchased this from here a while back (can't immediately find the original FS thread, sorry) and it had been fitted with a set of Nordstrand pickups - NJ4 hum cancelling if I remember correctly (but could be single-coils - it doesn't hum though!). I added a Badass and a J-Retro preamp (which was professionally-fitted) and it's been like that ever since.

The body has a number of dings which I've tried to show in the pics - the worst being through to the wood on the bottom edge. Most of these pre-date my ownership! There are some nicks in the top of the headstock - some were there when I got it, but the most recent was me taking it out of its case to photograph it - doh.

It plays like a dream, the preamp giving the usual passive Jazz tones but also a boosted take on the Jazz sound - it's versatility means you can get the classic slap tone, a Marcus-style sound, and also a very passable P-bass sound from the neck pickup. Basically a very versatile bass that plays beautifully.

Anyway, on to the pics (which I apologise for - some were taken a while ago using a decent camera and good lens, the most recent ones using a 50mm prime under horrible lighting):

I am also selling a matching CIJ '62 RI factory fretless P-Bass - see ad [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252572-fs-fender-cij-62-ri-factory-fretless-precision-bass/"]here[/url]. My amp and cab are also up for sale in a separate thread.

I would very much prefer pickup from Bath/Bristol. I have one decent hard case and two basses to sell!

I'm looking for £550 with the J-Retro. I could be persuaded to remove it (I'll include the original controls with the bass) but I wouldn't trust my soldering to put it back together again.

Not really looking for trades as cash is currently king, but I could be persuaded to take something like a Warwick Proline Corvette 4 or 5-string, or a G&L L/M2000/2500 plus cash my way depending on spec.

Edited by Jakester