Why become a member? ×

SOLD - PJB Briefcase Combo - SOLD
£375

JPJ

Time to rationalise my collection of gear. I've owned this little combo since September 2011, having bought it secondhand from eBay.

These are really cracking little amps with a multitude of uses. I originally bought it to use with a Stagg EUB in an acoustic trio project that never made it out of the rehearsal room. 100w into 2 5" speakers doesn't sound a lot, but its actually really loud and more importantly, tuneful. Five band eq, variable compressor/limiter, and the ability to run on battery power (battery not included). These amps are so good you can still buy exactly the same amp new from Phil Jones Bass.

When I bought this, the previous owner didn't mention the one small issue. When you switch the amp off, after a couple of seconds you hear a 'farting' noise. I have contacted both Phil Jones and Synergy Distribution (the UK distributer) who both say this is nothing to worry about and is quite common. As it hasn't gotten any worse during the three years I've owned it, I haven't bothered having it fixed. But unlike the previous seller, I like to be upfront about any issues with gear I'm selling.

These make great practice amps, or for small acoustic type gigs. They sound great with electric or double bass, and they can handle the low B of a five string. She sits under my desk and is my go to practice tool. However, I also own a PJB bass buddy which serves the same purpose, so Its time to let this girl go. I will clean the dust off before shipping (dust available at a small extra charge) and will package well for postage but she's a heavy girl for one so small so be prepared for a healthy shipping bill. Collection is an option, and I live just North of Newcastle upon Tyne, and local delivery is also a possibility. Price is £375 firm + shipping, no trades as I need the money, although that said if she doesn't sell, I won't be too disappointed! Also advertised locally, available on first come first served basis.

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JPJ/media/IMG_1276_zps36d2d4bf.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JPJ/media/IMG_1277_zps2b70057b.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JPJ/media/IMG_1278_zpsed66ee40.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by JPJ

Lots of people viewing but no action as yet. Just a thought, but would more people be interested if I had the 'fart' noise remedied? Mind the price would need to be adjusted to cover the cost of the repair.

I've had one of these for about nine months now, bought on here. It also has the "farting" characteristic on power down but it has no effect on it's performance. Hope that helps reassure potential purchasers. No connection with the seller btw.

Bump for a great little amp, GLWTS.

[quote name='V2factoryman' timestamp='1419094009' post='2636524']
I've had one of these for about nine months now, bought on here. It also has the "farting" characteristic on power down but it has no effect on it's performance. Hope that helps reassure potential purchasers. No connection with the seller btw.

Bump for a great little amp, GLWTS.
[/quote]

Thank you for taking the time to post. It does seem this is a common problem. Interestingly, mine only does it if you switch it off using the switch on the front panel. If you switch the mains off at the wall first, it doesn't 'fart' :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

New Year New Price (well everywhere else seems to have a sale on!) £350 or very nearest offer. Pay me the £350 and I'll split the cost of postage with you 50/50.