Why become a member? ×

Orange terror bass problem

dave74200

Hi all, I recently bought a terror bass from Thomann and it's not working properly. When driven, it creates an alien like noise that I can only describe as someone growling in a reverb chamber! It's under warranty but will take three weeks to fix or replace and it's already ruined three gigs for me now , and as the fault is intermittent I perservered hoping it was the electric in the venue or the extension cable etc... All these other factors have now been ruled out.

Anyone got any advice on what I can do? I'm worried now that if I get a new one, it'll only last a month and crap out half way through a gig!

Cheers for any advice, Dave.

sounds to me like its something to do with the preamp valves, but if its under warranty just send it back and get a new one would be my shout.

however tho having had a 1000 for a while (only just moved it on) these amps are super reliable, so dnt assume just as this one has had problems your next one will breakdown on you, it could have had a bang in postage thats broke a tube.

andy

As Westwood has said, it sounds like a preamp valve problem.
Check with Thomann, as their warranty probably doesn't cover valve faults, but if you bought it very recently they might send out a couple of preamp valves for free.
If that doesn't work then it needs repaired under warranty.