Why become a member? ×

Bass into iPad for Garage Band gizmo required?

The Admiral

Does anyone know if it's actually necessary to have a guitar/bass interface for recording into Garageband?

I've seen various types and prices : some have a connected to the iPad multi pin plug, whilst other seem to go into the headphone socket, which I'm guessing can work in and out. Any suggestions welcome. I have a line 6 pocket pod I can use with either and take a mini Jack line out, but wondered if I need some magic Apple Only device to get the best quality?

Thanks

A

Edited by The Admiral

It's not necessary to have a dedicated interface, you can easily use one of the iRig or Jamup plug to hook up your pod into and record. Bear in mind they're not the most neutral sounding things in the world and tends to be quite susceptible to noise, I find they work better with a preamp of some sort than going directly from instrument.

Would recommend you getting a Line6 sonicport or an iRig HD which gives you really good results for around 60 quid. If you need the absolute best quality then buy a class compliant soundcard like an apogee or RME and a camera connection kit.

Try this [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H02C9TG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H02C9TG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00[/url]

I just got one for recording in Logic while I'm not at home, save carrying my main interface around.

It's designed for Apple devices, and comes with various cables for different devices.

Sounds really nice too, or should I say it doesn't actually sound like anything ?

:)