Why become a member? ×

Valenti 70 Jazz in 59 Burst For Sale ***Now Traded***
£1100

Scuba_Demon

[attachment=176930:HPIM4797.jpg][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Up for a very reluctant sale is my Valenti No 70 jazz bass in a stunning '59 burst finish.[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Now Reduced to £850 plus shipping it's a steal[/font]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I thought I would never part with this but I think my 4 string days are over and just bought new guitar so space is getting to be a bit of an issue, so some one with more talent thank me in the bass department could perhaps make better use of this.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The specifications are really top notch and are:[/font][/size]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Swamp Ash Body
59' Burst Finish
Graphite reinforced Maple Neck
Pau Ferro fretboard
1 1/2” @ Nut
Aguilar OBP-1 preamp w/VTC (18 volts)
Nordstrand Big Single pickups
Tortoise pickguard
12" fretboard radius
Chrome Hardware
HipShot B Style bridge (20mm spacing)
HipShot HB-1 Tuning Gears
Contoured heel for easier access to the upper frets[/font][/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][attachment=176930:HPIM4797.jpg][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The bass sound and plays great and is still in excellent condition but now benefits from a Hiscox hard case which I think it deserves.[/font][/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If there is any interest I would really suggest you come down to Cambridgeshire and give the bass a try and have a 300 watt rig which I am listing separately so you should be able to give it a good blast.[/font][/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Any questions just let me know.[/font][/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cheers for now, Graham.[/font][/size][/size][/font]

Edited by Scuba_Demon

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks for the comments so far.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]There’s not been a great deal of interest and I am off working abroad for a few weeks so I have left this in the capable hands of Ade and Tom at The Guitar Lounge in Peterborough, in case anyone would like to take closer look or give it a try.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Guitar Lounge is home of the fantastic Vanquish guitars and they have some other nice high end stuff too, so it could be worth a look any way if you are passing . They are not shy in getting the kettle on either.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Prices are the same with still some room for haggling.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I should still be able to pick up my emails if there are any questions but will be a few hours ahead, so it might take a little while to respond.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cheers for now.[/font][/size]

Post Christmas Bump

There are some cracking basses for sale on this forum, and IMHO this has got to be up there with them, and is certainly work a try if your are after this type of thing, and you would be most welcome.

I can't help think its just a shame it does not have a big F on the headstock.

Thought I would add to more pictures to try and tempt some one with this beauty.

Thanks for taking a look.

[attachment=179999:DSC_0389.JPG]

[attachment=180000:DSC_0390.JPG]

[attachment=180001:DSC_0391.JPG]

[attachment=180003:DSC_0392.JPG]

[attachment=180004:DSC_0393.jpg]

[attachment=180005:DSC_0394.jpg]

[attachment=180007:DSC_0396.JPG]

[attachment=180008:DSC_0398.JPG]

[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Had a question regarding the controls on this bass so hopefully this explains.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]T[/font][/color][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]heres a volume pot, a pickup blend pot, a passive tone pot with pull for VTC (vintage tone control or passive), and a stacked active treble-bass pot. So you can switch it to entirely passive by pulling the VTC pot and by passing the 18 volt pre amp.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hope this explains and the circuit is shown below.[/font][/color]

Hi,

thanks for the comment, hope you had a go. I have left it there as I work away a lot, Egypt next. Then its available if any one wants to have a trial.

Although not bass orientated it's a pretty cool shop too with some really nice stock, Ade and Tom seem to know there stuff too.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a couple more questions on this one so will share the answers below in case they are of is any wider interest.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Its serial number #70 and Nino (Anthony) is up to #169 now and [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I believe this was manufactured in 2008 as the inside of the control cavity cover was signed by Anthony Valenti on the 7/1/8 which I guess means 1st July 2008, with him being American and all.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The weight of this beauty is 8.64 lbs or 3.91 kg if you are on the metric system.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any more questions just ask.[/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...