Why become a member? ×

Sold & Withdrawn
£495

playbass

[center][color=#ff0000][size=5][b]ORIGINAL CAB & iAmp350 on hold pending a sale. Neo & After market cover still available.[/b][/size][/color][/center]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hello Everyone,[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have a pair of EA CXL112 cabs available. (I could be tempted to part with the iAmp 350 in the pics for £295, but if nobody wants it then that's fine as I do like it and it has a lot of good features, but I mostly use it as a backup as I mainly gig with an EBS HD350. The USA Fender Jazz Deluxe will be starring in it's own advert in the coming days, stay tuned. Just to make sure I'm not breaking any rules I'll put a value of £850 on the bass for now.)[/font][/size]

CABS...
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I think one of their main design features is their transmission-line porting design as opposed to the normal port tubes in the front/back design. There's full explanation of the science behind it here... [/font][/size][size=4][url="http://www.eaamps.com/technical-detail.asp?REC_ID=2"]http://www.eaamps.co...il.asp?REC_ID=2[/url][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]But the main thing I notice about them is that they're loud and clear. [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The top one in the photo is standard with the high frequency driver firing through the dust cap and the bottom one has been upgraded to a lightweight neodymium driver (after a courier broke the original woofer :-( ) It's an Eminence Deltalite II 2512 12" 250W (cost me £140). It is still wired to the original cross over so it's not having to deal with the high frequencies, which I let the 150W high frequency driver in the top cab deliver as it's so powerful. I haven't missed the HF driver in the bottom cab at all. If I'm playing somewhere quieter then I just take the top cab. I've been tempted to wire the neo cab directly to the input socket for a full range sound through the 12" driver for an old school/no tweeter/peizo/horn cab option as I think it'd still work well as a pair, but I haven't got round to it. I'm too busy with home renovations. We're hoping to get some skirting boards one day as the eagle eyed amongst you will notice that there isn't any in the photos.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]So the Original cab is:[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]350W (I think that's a 200W woofer and a 150W HF driver), [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]8Ohms [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]21kg[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Neo cab:[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]250W[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]8 Ohms[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]18kg[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]HxWxD[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]50x43x38cm[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The other thing is that EA's customer support is outstanding. They emailed me back within one working-day with how to convert the cab into a 'no HF driver' setup with which wire to disconnect to by-pass the crossover. [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]They both have good rubber feet and the handles are recessed, which makes carrying them easy, especially the neo. They also have a flip-out handle on the bottom so you can tip the cab back, which is handy for better monitoring if you're standing close to it, or if you want to de-couple it from a boomy hollow stage. There is one official thick padded and VELVET LINED EA cover and a standard after market one.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I am trying to raise funds for house renovations so am ideally looking for cash, however if someone was very keen to trade then I could be tempted by a Jazz Bass (ideally five strings, but I'll consider fours too) and we can just not bother with carpet in the house. Who needs carpet when you can have another bass?![/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Viewings are welcome as is collection. I do have cardboard and large bubble wrap for getting them sent to you.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The cabs are just outside Lincoln, Lincolnshire in a village called Welton.[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]On to the photos...[/size][/font]

[attachment=176371:IMG_5817.JPG]

[attachment=176373:IMG_5821.JPG]

[attachment=176372:IMG_5819.JPG]

[attachment=176374:IMG_5822.JPG]

[attachment=176375:IMG_5824.JPG]

[attachment=176376:IMG_5826.JPG]

Hopefully that's everything :-)

Edited by playbass