Why become a member? ×

Solo Sei Jazz bass video

urb

Hey folks - hope you don't mind another little post - just wanted to point you in the direction of a vid I made a couple of weeks back with my Sei Jazz - a bass that is truly wonderful in every way but one I have been slightly neglecting - but no more! I've strung it with some of them new fangled Super Brights Stainless Steels from Dunlop and I am truly in love with this bass again - and was digging the strings so much I thought I'd throw down a little thumb style jam - this is a variation on the Wooten technique but is mainly using thumb, index and middle fingers to get a lot of triplet stuff happening - with the fretting hand adding in the extra notes via hammer-ons and taps - anyway it's a bit noodly - hope you enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6q3aQVuzPI

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1415612414' post='2601877']
Love it. Those Sei basses all sound so good, Mike, so clean. Perfect for what you are doing.
[/quote]

Thanks Rob - wish it was a bit more tuneful but like I say (er, not Sei) I've suddenly got back into this bass and all its goodness so have been working (noodling) on some more focused ideas - but yes, it really does sound ace :)