Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Bass MIJ (1984-87) - *Sold*
£450

CamdenRob

[b]*Sold*[/b]

Due to recent extravagant acquisitions I unfortunately have to move some basses on. In truth I’d rather not be parting with any of them, but I am happy that I can get everything I need out of my current and incoming basses, so the others are going up to see if there is any interest, although I’d be more than happy to keep them all if nothing sells!

[b]Fender Precision Bass MIJ (1984-87) - £425 (Including UK Shipping)[/b]

Asides from my awful first ever bass, I’d not owned a precision before I picked this one up last year and it has totally changed my opinion on them. Currently strung with an old set of D’addario chromes, with the tone completely rolled off it gives a wonderful rounded thump… not dull and boomy though, it still has enough mids to sit in the mix where a precision should. Plus the tone control actually does something, ranging from smooth and bassy to surprisingly bright… I understand this is not necessarily the case with precisions.

It is in excellent condition and the weight is a very manageable 9.5lb.

Serial number is E856566 Which according to the guitatdaterproject means;

[b]Guitar Info[/b]

Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
in the Year(s): 1984 – 1987

Bass comes with the pictured hiscox hardcase and matching brown fender woven strap.

[b][url="http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/CamdenRob/closeup_zpsc992096b.jpg"][/url][/b]

Not looking to ship at this stage so the bass will initially be collection only from Camden, North London. You are more than welcome to come round and try the bass, have a beer, chat about basses, put the world to rights etc…

[b]No trades thank you.[/b] The object here is to get rid of some basses, if I could have a collection of basses I would be keeping all the ones I currently own!

Edited by CamdenRob

In response to a couple of PMs, I've had a quick measure up of the neck and it's 42mm wide at the nut and 58mm wide at the middle of the Twelth fret.

The depth is difficult to measure accurately, but using a steel tape and judging it by eye it looks like 20mm deep at the middle of the First fret and 25mm deep at the middle of the Twelth fret.

Back up for sale :)

[size=4]Had an offer and a back up but all has gone quite...[/size]

[size=4]I will now ship at cost via parcelforce as I can drop it off at the depot, which is much easier than waiting in all day for it to be picked up...[/size]

Edited by CamdenRob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...