Why become a member? ×

IBANEZ SR1200 VNF

GRAHAM SG1

A couple of weeks ago I bought one of the above, its from the Ibanez Premium range and its a beauty.
The build quality is very impressive and it looks beautiful, the choice of woods is superb, the lightness, balance and neck are a pleasure to behold, it plays like a dream with the perfectly finished frets, very nice action and very slim neck.
I have started getting achy fingers when using my Precision deluxe because I have small hands (and old ones at that !) so bought this bass for the extra comfort with the narrow neck, as for sound, its great with the powerful Norstrand pick ups and active or passive controls and mid shift switch .
It also came with a very nice hardcase and a great little pocket type multi tool with all the tools needed for any adjustment I care to make, even down to a small steel rule.
Very pleased with this bass and great value for money for such as nice quality instrument.

• 4 weeks later...

I will, I am selling my Fender Precision 2010 Deluxe USA to fund an SR 1600 next, my advert is in the for sale section.

The controls take a bit of getting used to on the SR1200, there is no tone control in the passive mode as on the Fender, only volume and pickup selection/blend, at first I found this limiting but I have found that I can achieve good results using this feature and if I want more I can flick the switch for active EQ and also use the mid shift switch which works well in conjunction, I am trying to decide what to settle for with regards the active or passive, do I go purely passive and use the EQ on my amp to colour the sound or do I go active, set the amp EQ to all mid position and use the EQ on the bass to colour the tone, I am undecided ?
I love the neck on the SR1200, very slim and the fret edge treatment is great, these are brilliant value for money instruments,happy bunny