Why become a member? ×

using guitar fuzz box

Mod_Machine

There you go...does anyone use any guitar fuzz/overdrive pedals for their bass?
If not what are the reasons for it?

I only ask as interested and use a danelectro vintage overdrive pedal with my ibanez jet king every now and then-HOWEVER only at really low volume on a practice amp when bored.

I also have the hartke bass attack pedal which allows you to lob the 'tube emulator' up to a distortion level...but looses a lot of clarity when ive done it in reheasal spaces, where as the guiitar dist pedal seems to keep that more defined trebly sound.

what about everyone else experiences with using guitar effects pedals with their bass?

I use guitar pedals with bass. I think it's generally accepted that you will loose low end and some definition doing this with most guitar pedals, and that mixing the effected signal with a dry signal will help reduce this (this is what I do).

Digitech's Bad Monkey is a guitar overdrive that works well with bass.

I had the Humphrey Audio bass modified version, but I know Bassmankev had a standard one that he was happy with and he's had more than one or two overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedals.

Pedals are pedals, they all work. The question is, there may be some low end loss, and if there is can you live with that? If not, could a blender fix it for you? I'll also note active basses hate some fuzz circuits.

Edited by grygrx