Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£195

P-T-P

I've recently had my #1 bass back after a prolonged period of fault/repair absence and, because there are loads of very lovely high end basses knocking about, I'm looking to sell or ideally trade some of my other basses with a view to getting something yum.

Fourth on the list is this [b]Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat[/b].

[attachment=169425:IMG_2049.JPG][attachment=169426:IMG_2052.JPG]

Good things do come in small packages and this bass is the proof. If you're looking for a bass which generates pure thunder, look no further. It looks the business too with the gold hardware on wine red finish.

Short scale, so loads of fun flying around the super fast neck and, because of the design, it doesn't feel cramped, with the nut sitting only marginally closer to you than on a standard bass. It's hopefully self-evident that this bass isn't going to be one for slap fans out there, but if the tone in your head is "epic 70s rock massive" then here's your bass.

The E tuner is a replacement and, if you look super-closely, you may notice it's a slightly different shade of gold. I'll include the other three tuners which match the E in the sale.

Looking for £[s]195[/s] £175 ono for this.

Price is for collection but can work out delivery options, don't mind meeting up if practical. I'm in Chepstow but gig all over S. Wales so Newport/Cardiff meets possible too.

Ideally, I would like to trade this alongside other basses, for something different.

Anyone who would like to try any of the basses out with a view to a deal, if you can get to Chepstow you're more than welcome.

PM me or e-mail me petewarduk at me dot com or call/txt on 07515929935

[b]Other basses I have FS/FT[/b]

Lakland 44-60 (JO4) Ltd. Edition Inca Silver with Rosewood Board - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/243368-lakland-skyline-44-60-jo4-ltd-ed-inca-silver/"]http://basschat.co.u...ed-inca-silver/[/url]

Edited by P-T-P

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Mattmit' timestamp='1408645515' post='2532217']
My friend bought one the same off basschat a few months ago, he loves it. I've seen his and the red is beautiful, I don't think these photos show how great the colour looks.
[/quote]

It is kinda tricky to capture the colour, even Epiphone's generic product shots don't do it justice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='P-T-P' timestamp='1408356915' post='2529228']
Short scale, so loads of fun flying around the super fast neck and, because of the design, it doesn't feel cramped, with the nut sitting only marginally closer to you than on a standard bass. It's hopefully self-evident that this bass isn't going to be one for slap fans out there, but if the tone in your head is "epic 70s rock massive" then here's your bass.
[/quote]

Howdy - what do you mean when you say the nut is only marginally closer than on a standard scale bass? Would you say the feel is bigger than an short SG / EB3 bass or about the same?

[quote name='Fuzzbass2000' timestamp='1415104057' post='2596649']
Howdy - what do you mean when you say the nut is only marginally closer than on a standard scale bass? Would you say the feel is bigger than an short SG / EB3 bass or about the same?
[/quote]

I've not played an SG/EB3 type. I have played the Fender short scale bass (MusicMaster?).

Anyway, I guess what I mean is that this bass doesn't feel like a small bass. The strap button sits over the 17th fret whereas on a P or J bass, and even the MusicMaster/Mustang/Bronco basses it's near enough over the 12th fret. This means that, coming from a full size J type bass to the Allen Woody, the nut is pretty much in the same position in relation to your body when you have the bass on a strap. I would guess the EB-3 probably has a similar effect by virtue of the button being behind the heel of the neck.

Hope that makes some sense!

• 6 months later...

hey, few of questions about this, I may be interested.
Whats the action like on it and how adjustable is it?
What gauge/type strings have you used with this and which would you recommend?
I see the bass is hollow body; how loud would it be unplugged just for picking up and playing around? Is there any cosmetic damage or neck warp or anything?
Finally I'm in Ireland, would you courier it? I've had instuments/amps sent before with no hassle.
Also if you get a chance could you post close up pics of the headstock including the nut.

Cheers
BC