Why become a member? ×

Hi! A bit late, but I got there eventually...

Hi! I registered a while back but haven't got round to introducing myself (busy busy, busy...).

I've been playing since 1980 (cripes..), and have mainly played original stuff (I'm a writer as well as bassist); as my mate Stu will tell you, I have a bit of a problem with playing more than a couple of covers in an evening (not technical I hasten to add).

Over the years I've had 9 (?) Rickenbackers (currently got 4, 2 x'73s, 1x'72 and 1 '91 4001CS which I may be selling), 3 Sei basses (currently got 1), 2 Alembics (currently got 1), 2 Jaydees, a Wal Custom, 4 Statii, 4 Warwicks, a P, 2x Js, a Pedulla MVP, and numerous other bits and pieces which I can't remember at the moment. I try to get my hands on everything there is...just in case....and on my GAS list are Wood&Tronics, another Sei, more Rics/Alembics (always), Jerzy Drozd, CB (Bordwell), GW, another nice Jaydee, another Pedulla and a Wal Pro. And anything else that I see at any give moment, pretty much. Mainly play pop/rock, powerpop or indie/funk, although I happily Garrison out at home (or what passes for it :) ). Don't really get on with Fenders & Fender-type instruments but that's my fault not theirs.

If anyone has one of the basses on my GAS list that I've not owned already I'd be interested to hear your opinion of it.

Oh, fave bassists are Chris Squire, Lemmy, Glover, Hughes, Rutherford, Lee, DeMaio and Camp (big surprise eh?), The Ox, Leigh Gorman of Bow Wow Wow, JJ Burnel, Stu Zender, Stanley, Mr King, Jamerson, John McVie, Garrison & Gwizdala, Jah Wobble, Macca, JPJ, Phil Lynott, Mick Karn and doubtless countless others.

Edited by 4000

[quote name='Dan_Q' post='247282' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:13 PM']a £500 ric? WOW! I've seen trussrod covers go for nearly that! What sort of ric was it?

Welcome :) (i'm new too and shy, but had to ask about this ric!)[/quote]

Hi Dan......er, I can't see the quote you're referencing. Was it on my first post elsewhere? My Fireglo '72 with checkers, full width sparkle inlays and walnut headstock wings cost me £490 in a sale 1993; it had been in the shop for a year without selling at £680. It's probably worth 4 to 5 times that now. Not that I'll ever sell it, it's my favourite bass.

• 2 weeks later...