Why become a member? ×

pjb phil jones bass m500

fede162162

[quote name='fede162162' post='247048' date='Jul 24 2008, 05:10 PM']hi. i'm thinking to change my markbass little mark 1 for something of superior class.

maybe i have the possibility to sell tomorrow my little mark and bye the m500 pjb at the same price.

what do you suggest?
any feedback?[/quote]

I had the Dalek, whick was the full PJB stack with the M500 head. In a word [i]awesome[/i]. It's MOSFETs but IMO it totally outgunned Ampegs (I have owned Ampegs). It's all there, you need to spend some time with it then you'll find your ideal sound. Then after you've spent more time with it, you'll find your ideal sound again! It's all there the tonal options are immense.
It's built like a tank (some of the components are military spec) and quite weighty because of it. There are people of this forum who's experience of PJB hasn't been good, but any email I sent was replied to either by Phil or one of the team usually the next day.
I only got rid, because the stack wouldn't fit into my new car.

Try it, and AB it with another amp, you'll hear the difference.

[quote name='fede162162' post='247232' date='Jul 24 2008, 08:18 PM']on the back of the head i read: maximum load 4o what does it mean?!?[/quote]
sure about that? The 8T is 16ohms?

It runs down to 2ohms and puts out 720w

It refers to impedance. Do a search, there have been threads where people have explained it better than I can.