Why become a member? ×

Rogue Studio Sessions, Bermondsey 31-05-14

discreet

[b]Rogue Studio Sessions, Bermondsey 31-05-14[/b]

'Studio' is probably too grand a name for our rehearsal room - it's under a railway arch in Bermondsey. The recordings are all live and there are no drop-ins or overdubs (with the exception of the vocal - you can still hear a ghost guide vocal in there somewhere) and are recorded on a venerable 8-track Yamaha MD8 which I bought from this parish for eighty quid. We did this as it proved impossible to record the voice in the room. The stereo image is a bit weird in places too, as quite a lot of guitar ended up in the drum mics... bloody guitarists! ;)

These are very rough and ready, but get the ideas across - I think. The first track 'Aspirational' was recorded with my Hayman 4040 (which I like very much), the other two with a Squier VM Jazz V fitted with an Audere JZ3 pre-amp (which I also like, but have have since sold - d'oh).

If you listen on proper full-range monitors or headphones you may just be able to hear one or two trains rumbling overhead... we did [i]try [/i]to play in the lulls when no trains were passing, honest... :D

Link is [url="http://www.jimjohnstone.co.uk/hotd/"]here[/url] and is also linked from the HOTD logo in my sig.

You can stream the tracks for a quick listen, but if you want to listen again (hollow laugh) then please right-click and download the tracks to your desktop for listening. Thanks!

Edited by discreet