Why become a member? ×

Berkeley telecaster copy with Wilkinson pickups £50 or swap for Encore p bass
£50

Berkeley (which was Rimmers music shops own brand) tele style guitar for sale.

It is a plywood body but it does actually sound really good with the upgraded Wilkinson pickups that are in it! They are fairly vintage voiced pickups and are fairly dark but do have an authentic tele twang and sounds good in all three positions. Middle position is particularly nice.

There is a slight fret buzz on open E and A. Reason is that there was a shim under nut which, but I lost it changing strings and have replaced it with wood, but it is not quite thick enough but someone who wants to sort it out it can be done easily, or get a better nut. Wiring has been upgraded to one of Kiogons wiring looms and it has Wilkinson ceramic pickups in that are normally found in their V2 model.

Only reason for sale is that I have a Squier CV tele which now meets my tele needs, but this guitar more than filled the void while I was saving for it!

Pics are not the best as they are a couple of years old from the mobile I had at the time and was before I added WIlkinson picups, but you get the idea, I will try and get some recent pics taken tonight if anyone wants to see.[attachment=169175:2012-08-07 15.11.43.jpg]

£50 collection from Wigan or nearby, or preferably if anyone has an old Encore P bass knocking around would swap for that!

Edited by Greggo

• 2 months later...