Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR300, 370 or 500??

alanday1975

They're all good. The SR300 is a heap load of bass for the money, I think they're about £245 new. The 370, you're paying a little bit more for a nicer paint finish, the hardware and pickups are the same as the 300. I've an older 300, it's a great bass.

The 500 has better pickups, IMO. Slightly different hardware, but not much in that really. And it's made out of more expensive woods.

If they did the 300 with the Bart pickups from the 500...for about£3-350, that would be a knock out bass.

One more option would be to try looking around for a MIJ SR Premium, not the 700 or 800, but 900 or above from the 90's or 2000's. They seem to go for around £500 and it's the beloved SR shape (and neck) but with staggeringly good build quality, woods and tone. Definitely a league or two above the current 500 series.

Mine (SR1300PM) ...

[url=http://www.ephotobay.com/share/sr1300-b-main-a.html][/url]

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1400571463' post='2454954']
One more option would be to try looking around for a MIJ SR Premium, not the 700 or 800, but 900 or above from the 90's or 2000's. They seem to go for around £500 and it's the beloved SR shape (and neck) but with staggeringly good build quality, woods and tone. Definitely a league or two above the current 500 series.

Mine (SR1300PM) ...

[url="http://www.ephotobay.com/share/sr1300-b-main-a.html"][/url]
[/quote]

Umm.... wow. :gas: :gas: :gas:

I have had an SR305 and I have an SR700. I am not convinced by the 300 series they feel distinctly cheaper in build quality and the pups didn't sound as good and the hardware felt cheaper. All normal for a cheaper bass, but I know a lot of people who are happy with the 500, so I'd pick that over a 309.