Why become a member? ×

Importing a Hipshot Supertone Bridge from the USA ?

Adee

Hi has anyone Imported a Hipshot Supertone Bridge from the USA? What sort of fees can you expect to pay on doing that ? As I doubt any company would ship it as a 'gift' .... or does anyone know anywhere that would? Its not so much paying the tax that makes me sick up into the back of my mouth but the handling fees that get lumped on too !! cheers Ade

I ordered one direct from Hipshot in November 2011. The bridge itself was $120 (I think) and I then had to pay Parcelforce Worldwide £32.95 to get it released once it reached the UK. I suspect that ordering from Bass Direct would be cheaper, but they only had chrome Supertones and I wanted a black one.

My experience is that it's hit and miss whether you get charged or not.

I ordered a Hipshot x-tender from the states and it got pounced on by customs. I ordered a bridge a few months later and it sailed straight to my door without accruing and additional fees/charges.

The only reason I ordered fron the states is that, taking in to account all possible charges, they were still significantly cheaper than bassdirect.

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1399893278' post='2448642']
My experience is that it's hit and miss whether you get charged or not.

I ordered a Hipshot x-tender from the states and it got pounced on by customs. I ordered a bridge a few months later and it sailed straight to my door without accruing and additional fees/charges.

The only reason I ordered fron the states is that, taking in to account all possible charges, they were still significantly cheaper than bassdirect.
[/quote]

This. I imported a Supertone from bass parts Resource on ebay, and it got through without additional customs charges. It did, however, take a ages to arrive (about 3 mths or so) and I had to chase the order via email a few times, so tbh wouldnt recommend BPR as a vendor. As Dave says above, I think it's hit-and-miss as to whether you get nobbled for import duties or not.