Why become a member? ×

CIJ serial oddity

yondergo

Hi guys, just received a fender Japan pb62 from ishibashi (after a load of messing about on behalf of parcelforce), really happy with the bass, plays like a dream after a setup.

Only odd thing is the configuration of the serial number, never seen a CIJ with a sans serif font and the number on top, anyone got any thoughts about this one?

I've no reason to suspect it's not legit, given ishibashi's reputation and the quality of the instrument, just curious i suppose,

Dave

[quote name='yondergo' timestamp='1399655121' post='2446419']
Hi guys, just received a fender Japan pb62 from ishibashi (after a load of messing about on behalf of parcelforce), really happy with the bass, plays like a dream after a setup.

Only odd thing is the configuration of the serial number, never seen a CIJ with a sans serif font and the number on top, anyone got any thoughts about this one?

I've no reason to suspect it's not legit, given ishibashi's reputation and the quality of the instrument, just curious i suppose,

Dave
[/quote]

My non-export CIJ '62 reissue jazz is the same (San serif font below the serial)... However, my export CIJ Geddy Lee Sig. Jazz has 'crafted in Japan' written ABOVE the serial number in a serif font.

Maybe specific to the '62 reissue? Or maybe a non-export/export thing?

Fantastic service from ishibashi, they couldn't do enough to help and their description of the instrument was very accurate. If anything I was expecting it to be in worse nick than it was as the description mentioned scratches and marks on the body and tarnishing on the hardware but on inspection there was a tiny bit of tarnish on the pole pieces which came of with zero effort and a few really minor tiny dings on the body which are in the usual places, below the controls, by the strap button at the bottom etc.

It shipped from Tokyo to Coventry in 3 days, unfortunately once in the hands of parcelforce the brakes went on and I had to wait around for their glacial customs clearance process. Still got to me in less than 4 weeks, which included a whole week twiddling thumbs waiting to hear about customs charges and then another week waiting for them to dispatch it after they failed to deliver it on the day the said they would when I paid the charges. Feckless douchebags.