Why become a member? ×

NAD (sort of) - Fender Super Bassman

joeystrange

Last week (Friday, I think) I made an order for a Fender Super Bassman.
The website said something along the lines of 'Order before 5pm for next day shipping on Wednesday'. Seeing as I was off work on Wednesday this was perfect.
I placed the order late on Friday night and got a call the next morning saying that with the bank holiday and whatnot they wouldn't be able to check stock until Tuesday. Not a big problem, as I'm not really in any rush, although the website did make it look like it was already in stock.

Anyway, Tuesday came around and I got a call saying they had no stock. According to Fender Europe there were 3 coming into the UK at around the beginning of July. Since I'm on tour at the end of June I didn't want to wait that so I cancelled the order.

Next step was to check the GAK website. Have them a call and they had stock and would ship it for the next day. They even matched the (slightly) cheaper price of the original order. Brilliant!

It arrived yesterday morning just before I went out for the day.
I got back in the evening and unpacked the amp. The amp was inside a plastic bag inside the box. When I took it out of the bag I noticed a piece of plastic inside. On closer inspection it was the knob for the DI level on the back. It isn't broken but it doesn't fit snugly on it's pole. It's very loose and falls off very easily.
I also noticed that the tolex on the top was peeling off all the way along one edge. Around an inch all the way along.

I called GAK and they said they'd try to get it replaced but I needed to speak to the person I placed the order with over the phone who had left for the day. The guy I spoke to said he'd leave him a message to call me after 12pm today.
At about 2:30 I got bored and called them. The guy I needed to speak to had already left for the day and apparently hadn't read the message he was left yesterday.
I spoke to the same person I spoke to last night. As GAK had no more in stock he called Fender who again confirmed that there were no more coming into the UK for around 6 weeks.

Now I'm looking at possibly keeping the amp and getting some kind of damage discount but I can't do anything until I speak to the right person tomorrow.

I didn't know buying an amp was so complicated!