Why become a member? ×

Beginner's efforts ......

SaxyBassist

Very nice, Saxy; no gloves needed to handle this. Two tiny details: the recording level is very low (easily fixed, I should think..?) and your playing is a tiny bit 'stiff'. That's very often the case when beginning, even more so when recording (one becomes suddenly very self-conscious; we've all been there...).
That's about as harsh as I can make it; sorry. The timing's right, there's no 'bum' notes or fluffs; what's not to like..? Carry on, miss, you're doing something right..!
Thanks for sharing. B)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1399157627' post='2441698']
Very nice, Saxy; no gloves needed to handle this. Two tiny details: the recording level is very low (easily fixed, I should think..?) and your playing is a tiny bit 'stiff'. That's very often the case when beginning, even more so when recording (one becomes suddenly very self-conscious; we've all been there...).
That's about as harsh as I can make it; sorry. The timing's right, there's no 'bum' notes or fluffs; what's not to like..? Carry on, miss, you're doing something right..!
Thanks for sharing. B)
[/quote]

Many thanks for your kind comments! Yes recording isn't my forte :huh: I just pressed the button and played ;) I believe I need to get a mixer of something to use the direct xlr input from amp to the PC? (I'm a complete techo-numpty!)

I know exactly where you're coming from with the self-consciousness! It happens to me when I record my Sax playing too - I'm much happier playing live!! B)

I can hear what you mean about stiff, but I'm pleased more than anything that the timing is okay as I've struggled going from jazz sax and flute playing, which is often about hanging back off the beat and just a whole different ball game in general!

Thanks again :D