Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass Battle: 78 VS Miller (Video)

AngelDust

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Comparison of "the same" basses from different eras: Original 1978 Fender Jazz Bass (except Badass bridge) VS Fender Jazz Bass Marcus Miller MIJ which was made by prototype of 70-s Jazz Basses.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Both axes were recorded in passive modes, both pickups.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Just try to find the difference in wood vibes! Personally i hear it and it's HUGE! Massive and thick wood tone of original vintage beats modern vintage prototype totally. But i think Miller is clever alternative to more expensive original vintage S-serials Fenders. It has common sound color.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Say your personal opinion. Should you spend more than twice funds for original vibe or modern vintage is enough?[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Thanks for watching![/font][/color]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqQJ63lXviA

Edited by icastle
Links removed

78 sounds more... "crisp".The Miller sounds more tamed. But I doubt that if it goes active. Personally I'd go for the Miller as it doesn't cost as much as the 78 these days and I bet you're the only one to notice the difference in tone when playing live. But of course nothing beats the mojo of a vintage instrument.

Edited by MikanHannille