Why become a member? ×

Band web site - hosting etc.

Bassman Steve

Seems a little while since this was visited.

I am about to do a band web site and want to include music, video, down-loadable stuff (posters/tech sheet sort of stuff) and hopefully CD sales (I'm kinda optimistic!!).

Can anyone recommend a package that can achieve all that for me please. I don't have an existing template or anything so this is from scratch. Any pointers would be great and thanks in advance.

Depends how good you can be with html.... but Wordpress is pretty easy and you can pick a site
that will give you a instal otherwise you'll be FTP'ing up which you'll want to avoid, imo.

Pick a UK host for a U.K, IMO....so something like 1&1 will be ok... but they don't do cpanel
for admin so you have to use their alternative.

[url="http://www.hosting-review.com/uk-b.php?aff_sub=H-R-UK-EN&aff_sub2=web%2520hosting%2520uk&aff_sub3=b&gclid=%7bgclid%7d&gclid=CJegrMzs6b0CFVPJtAodKTwA4g"]http://www.hosting-review.com/uk-b.php?aff_sub=H-R-UK-EN&aff_sub2=web%2520hosting%2520uk&aff_sub3=b&gclid=%7bgclid%7d&gclid=CJegrMzs6b0CFVPJtAodKTwA4g[/url]

gives you a flavour of the day for best hosts...

Hostpapa will give you the domain and website builder but also do an instal for WP....

I use JustHost for hosting our site and have been looking at the standard templates they promote from Weebly and Wordpress. They have a wide variety of templates that cover sales, downloads, music etc which should fit your requirements. I have selected a new base line template I want to use and will be updating our site in the next few weeks as ours is currently a bit....well......meh! :)