Why become a member? ×

FT/FS Roscoe Beck V - on hold

Bigwan

Hi Guys,

I recently received this lovely bass from Mr. Russ but have found it's playing second fiddle to my 4 string basses. Try as i might I just have no need for the 5th string at the minute and have a custom 6 string Shuker (madness or what!) due shortly which will cover me for any B string work I need.

Pics on Mr. Russ's thread (hope he doesn't mind me using them).

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=20252&hl=roscoe"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...2&hl=roscoe[/url]

Proper jazz string spacing (19mm at bridge but adjustable if required), wide assymetrical neck (very comfy) and the most flexible range of sounds from a passive bass that I've ever heard.

To save on shipping I didn't take the case when I traded for the bass so it won't include a case (but I ship things extra secure!).

Will consider trades, preferably with cash my way, but only for 4 string basses I'm afraid (would ideally like the 4 string version of this bass but I know they're hard to come by). No Warwicks or Lakland JOs I'm afraid - have excellent examples of each.

Would prefer a straight sale if possible. I know things are tight at the minute but I'm after £700 plus shipping. If I don't get it then it'll just stay here until things improve.

Cheers

Ian

*** On hold for Nathan. Should be leaving these shores tomorrow at the latest!

Edited by Bigwan

Its on its way to a loving home as I am sure my Stingray will be it will be sad to see her go but i know its for the greater good. I am actually getting a bit upset.......god I bet even wife swopping isn't this emotional.

Thanks

[quote name='NJE' post='246021' date='Jul 23 2008, 12:44 PM']Its on its way to a loving home as I am sure my Stingray will be it will be sad to see her go but i know its for the greater good. I am actually getting a bit upset.......god I bet even wife swopping isn't this emotional.

Thanks[/quote]

I'll take good care of it Nathan. Always wanted a Stingray 4. Loved the sound of the Stingray 5 I had, but couldn't get along with the string spacing...