Why become a member? ×

trade Sei Bass - Vigier bass

stitch

Hey guys,

as you might know, i'm trying to sell my 6 string Vigier bass and i've got someone who asked me if i would be willing to trade my vigier for his 4 string Sei Bass Original. I'm from Belgium and I haven't heard of Sei Bass before so i'm looking for some more info and i'm not talking about the Sei Bass site. Any tips of hints are welcome but most importantly: is this an interesting deal or not? (i know, you have to try the bass and listen to make up your mind but if you guys tell me to leave this deal be, then i don't have to waiste this guy's and my time getting together and trying the basses...)

thx guys!

Kind regards,

Kim

Hi Kim,

Sei's are well made basses, and highly respected both here in the UK and abroad. There's a load of people on Talkbass who own them, might be worth doing a search over there too.

As far as UK luthiers go, they're probably one of the most respected and well established. Martin is always great to deal with too. They're nice playing and sounding instruments to me.

I guess the fact that there's a good number of guys on here who play them or have had one built recently, that kind of speaks volumes. They're also good at holding there value unlike some other custom basses over here.

Whether or not it's a good deal, i don't know as i know very little about the Vigiers.

J