Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1973 Fender Jazz Bass
£1900

Rickylee

I have owned this bass for about 7 - 8 years.

This is an excellent sounding and playing bass. The bass does have some marks and scratches, I never put a scratch on it since I have owened it.....honest!

The neck plays beautifully with no buzzing or unwanted noises. The neck does have some marks but, does not affect playing. Machine heads and truss rod works perfectly. Neck is dated Dec 72.

The picups as far as I am aware are origonal, but, have no dates or marks.

The pots are all dated 44th week of 72 and work great.

Origonal Bridge.

Origonal scratch plate and thumb rest.

No origonal case (have a good Hiscox case tho!)

No covers for the pups.

Great sounding and playing bass. If you like that jazz honk and great slapping tone.....look no further.

I am based in Bracknell, Berkshire.

You are welcome to try before you buy, but, NO TEST PILOTS please. Serious buyers only please.

I will try sell it here first. If no takers then I will try elsewhere.

Sorry, no swaps. will accepet cash, Bitcoin or gold or silver 8))

Ricky Lee

Edited by Rickylee

Hi,

No one in the market for a decent 73 jazz then?

As pointed out with this bass, the wiring for the pickups does not seem to be original.

The pickups work fine but, may not be the originals.

I am willing to reflect this in the price of the bass if anyone wishes to make a realistic offer?

I see other 73 Fender jazz basses going for nearly twice what I am asking for this bass. Granted I do not have the original case or the pickup covers. I thought to be fair, that is why I kept the price at what I thought was a realistic leval.

As I am sure you understand, I invested my money in this bass a few years ago, so, can't let it go too cheap. Sorry for the lengthy mail, but, felt I needed to have one more say before I try selling it somewhere else.

many thanks

Ricky