Why become a member? ×

USB Page Turner

bluesparky

I bought a couple of these a while ago, they're perfect for when you're reading some notation on your computer and you want to scroll down without taking your hands off your instrument (insert smutty comment here)...
It seems to work with Adobe Acrobat, Office documents and a bunch of transcription programs i've got.
[url="http://www.bilila.com/pagescore_turner"]http://www.bilila.com/pagescore_turner[/url]

It seems a bit pricey for what is essentially a keyboard, stripped down to page up / page down buttons and then made a bit more rugged. I'm also not sure quite how green it is when it requires you have a computer on all the time you are using it.

I expected a little mechanical gizmo that would flip pages on a physical score! (although USB should have been a bit more of a clue). I certainly appreciate the nature of the problem.

Wulf

[quote name='wulf' post='237283' date='Jul 11 2008, 01:18 PM']It seems a bit pricey for what is essentially a keyboard, stripped down to page up / page down buttons and then made a bit more rugged.[/quote]

That's probably all it is, all it is, is a couple of buttons.
Green issues aside, it's the simplest ideas that often prosper.
I've certainly not got the time to build one, or work out how to.
If i did i'm sure it'd be the size of my fridge and run on steam....