Why become a member? ×

'77/78 Fender Precision - black/black/maple *SOLD PENDING*
£1050

risingson

Up for sale is my U.S '77/78 Precision.

I purchased this bass from another wonderful Basschat member around a year or so ago, since then it's proved to be an excellent sounding and recording instrument. My reason for selling is simply because I'm after a P-Bass with a rosewood neck and more of a 60's/early 70's vibe about it.

A bit of info on the bass, everything on it is original barring the pots I believe. A previous owner has swapped them out at some stage, but I was given one of the original 1978 dated pots when I bought the instrument last year which I will of course include. The hardware is in great condition. The tuners feel basically brand new and the bridge is tidy as well, tuning woes are most certainly something you will not be dealing with! I had a professional cleanup and setup done recently too. This ain't an 8/9lb instrument for those who have a concern with weight, it's heavy (not sure how heavy, shall check later), but it's just not ever been a problem for me and is always made a million times easier with a good quality strap.

The bass is currently strung with La Bella 760FL flatwound bass strings. Vintage tones to be had but I've equally enjoyed stringing this bass with roundwound strings. Notably it's probably got one of the best slap sounds of any Precision I've ever played when strung with rounds, think Freddie Washington, Nate Watts!!

[b]TRADES[/b]: - Precision basses, 60's style ones, sunburst, olympic white + tort guards etc. Might also consider Epiphone Jack Cassidy in Black/Gold + cash. Not interested in anything else right now.

Liam

[attachment=157429:1977022_10152232656726117_1115972025_n.jpg]

[attachment=157512:photo 2.JPG]

[attachment=157514:photo 3.JPG]

[attachment=157513:photo 1.JPG]

Edited by risingson

Liam, what you doin? Am so tempted to get her back, but lack of any dosh prevents. This bass has the best recorded tone I`ve ever had from a Precision, there shouldn`t be any lack of takers on this.

[quote name='dodge_bass' timestamp='1395163736' post='2399374']
Might this interest you?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/232388-fsft-fender-precision-usa-5-string-2010/"]http://basschat.co.u...-5-string-2010/[/url]
[/quote]

Really lovely bass, been after a 5 P for a while but currently I can't justify a 5. If it happens to sell shortly do stay in touch.

Hi Liam,

I've got a Black 2004 P with a Rosewood neck which I'd be happy to put against yours with some cash your way. What do you think?

Cheers

Roj

Edited by Roj

[quote name='Roj' timestamp='1395762485' post='2405942']
Hi Liam,

I've got a Black 2004 P with a Rosewood neck which I'd be happy to put against yours with some cash your way. What do you think?

Cheers

Roj
[/quote]

Hi Roj, drop me a PM with a bit more detail, Mexican, U.S, Japanese, pics, condish etc. Thanks!