Why become a member? ×

'73 Jazz bass with Rebel Relic neck + SOLD.
£950

knackeredjazz

ok, time to get this one moving! price drop to £875 or £500 for just the body (not loaded etc). great opportunity if someone wants to restore a re-fin to an original custom colour...

up for sale my "players grade" Jazz.

I've had this for sale in a shop until recently but unfortunately I feel there were a couple of issues that prevented it selling (wrong year in listing, poor setup and IMO massively overpriced) so, having addressed these issues, I thought I'd offer it up to you good folks.

Here's the lowdown: the body is original from '73 including the black finish. the finish is good with only a few dings that go through to the wood and has really cool crazing all over. It has no routing or extra screw holes and the thumb rest/tug bar would mount on the treble side (so early '73). Also from '73 and original to the body are the tuner's, string tree, neck plate (40+++++), strap buttons, control plate, knobs and bridge.

The neck was made for me by Luke at Rebel Relic ([url="http://www.rebelrelic.com"]http://www.rebelrelic.com[/url]) and is a very accurate replica of my own '65 Jazz neck and cost me 500 euros (upgraded to pearl dots and dark rosewood veneer fingerboard). It's reliced to match the body and has a lovely broken in feel.

Pickguard is from later in the '70's and has had holes added for the different tug bar position.

Pickups are from an 80's fender US vintage re-issue.

so, definitely not one for the collectors but it is a great bass guitar. I've toyed with the idea of parting it out and I think I could probably get more for it as parts (according to one of the ebay dealers an original finish custom colour body is worth about the same as a fresh kidney!) but it's such a nice instrument I think i'd be happier if it stayed together.

please excuse my photography, and do ask if you want more/specific pictures.

[attachment=157268:IMG_2228.jpg][attachment=157269:IMG_2230.jpg][attachment=157270:IMG_2231.jpg]

Edited by knackeredjazz