Why become a member? ×

Overwater Progress 5 custom made bass

mikenichols

I had this Overwater bass made 5 years ago - have used in mainly in theatre pits, it's in immaculate condition.

It's a 5 string with 35" scale, the B string feels fantastic.
It has a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, neck thru body design. Two humbucking pickups, onboard preamp with 3 band eq. I got the circuit board for the tone controls replaced a couple of years ago due to a dry joint - The new one is the updated version, has better eq contours then the older overwaters.
Another great feature of these basses is the balanced xlr out in addition to the regular jack socket. This has been really useful in the studio and live, and opens up the possibility of having two outputs from the bass if you want to go for big FX setups.
Can't remember the name of the exotic wood I chose for the top but as you can see from the pics it looks very cool.
This bass has a really fat sound with loads of clarity. The top wood gives it quite a bright sound, and I find that the default setting seems to be bass and mid flat with a bit of treble cut. If you boost the mid it punches hard!

If you need a modern sounding 5 string with great punch and clarity then this is perfect.
I am very reluctant to sell this bass - but I am having to buy a lot of new gear for work I am doing this year and I simply have to sell some of the stuff I have already to fund it.

You can hear this bass and read more about it on the tones page of my website, www.mikenichols.co.uk

If you wanted one of these new they are £2300 and it takes six months to make.

I will sell for £1600 (not open to lower offers)
You should try before you buy, and I'd prefer to do collection or delivery in person - I'm based in Surrey.

Edited by mikenichols

[quote name='Bassy' post='236336' date='Jul 10 2008, 10:15 AM']Any idea on the weight?[/quote]
Just put in on the bathroom scales - looks like 8 pounds. It's always been pretty comfortable to play - I use the overwater comfort strap which I'd highly recomend for anyone playing a 5 string or anyone that's ever had a sore neck/shoulder from playing long gigs