Why become a member? ×

Problems quoting???

Rick's Fine '52

I've recently had problems with being able to 'return', and stop everything being in one continuous paragraph (Now fixed after reading others experiencing the same on basschat site...thanks)

Then I had problems with typed text not keeping up with my typing, now fixed using the little icon thingy, as requested...thanks again.

Now when I click the 'quote' icon, to quote someone in a reply, the reply box appears, but the quote doesn't??

Just me???

Why are all these issues only seem to be appearing on basschat?, I've not experienced any of these issues on any other sites?

thanks in advance.....and hope!!

It's the same solution as all the others - just toggle back to simple view before clicking the quote button.

As for BC being the only site it happens on, it's not (I've given up trying to use ITV.COM for example).

It's to do with the way that IE11 renders certain pieces of code - instead of adhering to the W3 standards like other browser manufacturers so, they decided to make some minor changes to it.

Not all sites use the same code, so some will work happily, some will struggle and some will just crash and die.

Fortunately, the developers at Invision added the 'simple editor' facility to ensure that things would carry on working 'no matter what'.

The issues will be resolved eventually, so hang on in there - alternatively try one of the 'other' browsers.
I'm an IE user as well and have no wish to change, but I installed Firefox for BC use as they stick to the standards instead of making their own. :)