Why become a member? ×

POG2

GazWills

so I've been close to getting an EHX microsynth a few times recently, then I looked into the POG2 in more detail, and think it might be a better shout. Aside from better tracking, and presets, it can still do volume swells, and has a filter (I only ever set the two filters together on the microsynth anyway)... on my board with a few dirt pedals either side of it, I think it'll do the job nicely...

has anyone got / tried a POG2, any thoughts/opinions??

cheers

I have a POG2 and used to have a Microsynth - the old 24v version. For me the POG is a different animal,

The octave effects in the POG whilst tracking well are digital and much thinner than the MS's octaves. The beauty of the MS is its analog-ness. I personally like a rich analoge octave down for synth things.

Just my opinion, that may be what you are after? I would strongly suggest you try both! they both have their pros and cons.

thanks for commenting... I still have an OC-2 on the board that covers me for octave-down synthy tones... I need to try one, you're right :)

how versatile are the FX elements of the POG2? I'm thinking of running it with a fuzz, potentially also with the OC-2, using the volume swell and the filter sections... cheers!

TBH it's been a while since I had it on my board, but from memory the lp filter is quite subtle.

The Q control acts more as a tone shaper than the q control on a standard envelope filter.

The OC2 will certainly take care of keeping things nice and fat.

Edited by NoirBass