Why become a member? ×

FAO Bass teachers

ped

I am working in various schools at the moment and have been toying with the idea of extending my service to teach bass guitar lessons at some of them. Most schools I have approached have expressed and interest and so I have spent a while making a sort of 'scheme of work' comprising of sets of lessons to cover various abilities and styles, also different things for those who just want to learn songs and grooves rather than theory.

Basically I was wondering if any bass teachers out here could help me build a scheme of work, or point me in the right direction. I am not amazing at theory myself and could use a full pack of lesson plans as it were, or some guidance on how things are generally (does everyone work towards grades? how do I examine them? do people generally just want to play for fun and learn their own thing?? This is what I would hope and would be most natural for me)

I was thinking about picking up some decent books and stealing lessons from them but really don't know how the lessons work in general. I am a geography teacher by trade so have the actual teaching methods down, but I find geography easy to teach because I know the 'curriculum' as it were.

Thanks for reading...

ped