Why become a member? ×

Matched pair of Delano SBC 5 (Driver) dual rail / dual coil pickups Bridge and Neck. Same size as Bart P2 .*SOLD*
£210

[b]NEW PRICE £190 Uk/Delivered[/b]

Hi All! I have a superb top of the line pair of Delano SBC 5 pickups for sale - These have only just been installed in a bass, but I am changing to EMG as I prefer 'em.

These are unmarked and as new, but have been installed in an instrument (which never really left the house) and give my bass a full, round fat yet detailed sound. It is smooth and dynamic, whereas I've gotten used to the bite of the EMG DC so much that I am at odds with these superb pickups. Make them a new home asap.

Shipping will be insured as soon as I can and is included for UK shipping. I suspect you won't find a better price for a matched pair!

Here's a link to them:

[url="http://www.delano.de/products.html?&cHash=3fec0b5b32&tx_smtdelano_pi1"]http://www.delano.de...x_smtdelano_pi1[/url][cat]=1&tx_smtdelano_pi1[series]=10&tx_smtdelano_pi1[strings]=6&tx_smtdelano_pi1[system]=121

Fitting is simple and as the title says, they are the same say as Bartolini P2 pickups so will easily drop in a bass with say, cheap Bartolini MK1 pickups and will make a substantial upgrade. Some would say they make a great upgrade from Bartolini Classic pickups too. Other brands such as Nordstrand also use the P2 sizing, so you'll be able to upgrade a bass with something like Big Singles in too I understand. All the details are on the Delano website including wiring diagrams and tech specs.

and some blurb from Delano:

[color=#333333][size=2][b]DELANO SBC series bass pickups are dual or quad-coil highend electric bass humbuckers in the classic bass soapbar shapes, available for four, five, six and seven- string basses. They represent the leading edge in dedicated bass transducer technology. Unbelievably full and open sound throughout the entire spectrum with tight bottom, airy midrange and heavenly harmonics unrivalled by ANY other bass pickup. Finally your bass CAN sound like it should. Available as individual units or in perfectly matched pairs.[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#333333][size=2]The DELANO SBC4 HE/S was developed to overcome many of the obstacles normally associated with most of the proven dual coil bass humbucking designs. We killed the nasal muddiness, broadened the spectrum and enhanced even order harmonics. How we did it? We simply listened. Because we love to listen. To the music, the players, into the hearts of the instruments. Listen to catch every subtle detail. Hear what is there. Understand what is missing. Think we found it. It is the air. So we put it inside. Finally there is a bass pickup that perfectly blends the full bodied warmth of a humbucker and the airy openness of the best vintage single coils with crystal clear top end definition into pure luxurious bass tone.[/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=2]The pickups can be each wired as either dual single coil, parallel or series and have four wire conductors offering a wide range of tones from just two soap bar units.[/size][/color]

Sorry, correct link: Delano SBC 5 Drive HE/S Dual Coil / Dual Rail pickups - Pair. (They are marked for neck and bridge positions)

[url="http://www.delano.de/products.html?&cHash=3fec0b5b32&tx_smtdelano_pi1[cat]=1&tx_smtdelano_pi1[series]=10&tx_smtdelano_pi1[strings]=6&tx_smtdelano_pi1[system]=121"]http://www.delano.de/products.html?&cHash=3fec0b5b32&tx_smtdelano_pi1[cat]=1&tx_smtdelano_pi1[series]=10&tx_smtdelano_pi1[strings]=6&tx_smtdelano_pi1[system]=121[/url]

I can bring these along to the LBGS in March should they still be available but will also invite sensible offers as I have now bought some pickups that are replacing these. The pickups will fit in most Bartolini sized holes. As I say, they are the same size as a P2 which I believe a number of brands use as a sizing template. Needs must, I'd like to see these sold soon :)

Ok, these really need to go so the last price drop will be £180 for this matched pair of as new pickups. They are parcelled up and ready to go so all I need is your address....and your money!

Drop me a line asap. If you tell me in time I can bring them to the London Bass Show this weekend.