Why become a member? ×

Squier Precision Special Antique Burst: P body/PJ with jazz neck! £175
£175

iconic

I'm having a clearout again and trying to get down one bass, my RBX4-A2...I say that but... ;)

[i][b]What is it:[/b][/i] [font=Verdana][size=2]...[/size][/font]a Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst with Tort' pick guard and rosewood neck, spec' below.
This one is going to hurt. I first saw a clone of her being played at my local and thought, what a beautiful and useful bass :gas: I then started a search for a superclean one, it took me quite a while & had to kiss a few frogs (when I could find one for sale) to find this example. I may be wrong but I don't think they were made for too long in this colour combo', but I stand to be corrected? Colour is quite hard to photograph, sort of reddish burst fading to jet black, I've done my best to show this.

[url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-standard-p-bass-special-4-string-bass-guitar"]http://www.musicians...ing-bass-guitar[/url]

[b]Condition:-[/b] I don't like or do 'road worn'. She is in as good condition for a used bass as you could wish for, she is that clean... any high lights on the photos are just that, no nasty dents and dings, lumps missing!
These Squiers are meant to be a lower end bass but the build quality really is beautiful on this example, nicely finished slim and shallow jazz neck, sublime coloured burst, good low action, warm pups & stays in tune overnight, simply a very, very good jazz bass for those whom value function over marketing & aren't snobby about headstock decals....ohh and prefer the P body with a jazz neck with a vast selction of tones.

She is bog standard (even the cap') bar the addition of some Jockomo jazz inlay decals....& yes, you really wouldn't know.

All the controls work as they ought, volume/volume/tone work as they should and the truss rod works fine both ways, tuners work as they should, she is currently set up very low as I like. She has no nasty surprises.

I have amps galore here so anyone whom wishes to have a test drive her and a cup of tea 'n biccy is most welcome.

[i][b]Tone:-[/b][/i] Does the jazz thing just how one should, and the precision thing too, the pups are quite full, warm and rich. Nice, nasal and burpy bridge pup & on the front P pup proper smooth 'n deep but with the added mid-range punch of a P we all like.

[i][b]Location:-[/b][/i] Banham in South Norfolk....local train station is Diss which is 80 minutes out of London Liverpool Street and I can pick you up with enough notice.

[i][b]Contact No:-[/b][/i] 07753-495111

[i][b]Post:[/b][/i] Yes, my prefered and sucessful method is to ship in my hard case with buyer then returning the case, has worked ticketyboo thus far..cost is normally around £25.00 to the UK.

Elementory Mr Watson....the more astute here will notice a lack of string silk on the E string. I fitted a new set of Fender strings, the E string was DOA, had a another set sent out but no silks (?!) and was in too much of a hurry to get back to playing her to fit the rest :blush: the strings are no more than few playing hours old.

[attachment=153798:DSCF0925.JPG][attachment=153799:DSCF0926.JPG][attachment=153800:DSCF0927.JPG][attachment=153801:DSCF0928.JPG][attachment=153802:DSCF0929.JPG][attachment=153803:DSCF0930.JPG][attachment=153804:DSCF0931.JPG][attachment=153805:DSCF0932.JPG][attachment=153806:DSCF0934.JPG]

Edited by iconic