Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky v Valenti

planethead

I posed the question a while back Sadowsky v Valenti - look I got to find out. The wooden floor is Nino Valenti's... the duvet's mine....
[attachment=10421:P1010002.JPG][attachment=10422:HPIM4459.jpg]
[attachment=10420:P1010003.JPG][attachment=10423:HPIM4474.jpg]

Hello Anthony,

yes I particularly like that cherry bomb precision - not so often you see a nice top on a P - immediately playable and with the darker tone that I had been looking for (this one's a keeper!) to complement the brightness of the Sadowsky ash/maple combo (which was to replace/usurp my fender also ash/maple).

Full marks and kudos to the men that made them.

PM me for a detailed review ;-)

cheers

Ian

[quote name='Nino Valenti' post='235700' date='Jul 9 2008, 01:38 PM']Nice pair you got there!!!![/quote]

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='241150' date='Jul 16 2008, 07:37 PM']Does your Sadowsky NYC have a glossed fingerboard, PlanetHead?[/quote]

NYC's usually have a matte nitro finish. This finish is buffed buy your hand getting a little bit glossier over time. I love how this necks feel after a couple of moths of playing on them.

Hello otpj

no I don't think they do that unless requested - I've seen a few moans about this elsewhere - personally doesn't bother me. My Fender US Jazz has a laquered neck and the clean up round the frets is v. poor - hope that helps

cheers

Ian

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='241150' date='Jul 16 2008, 06:37 PM']Does your Sadowsky NYC have a glossed fingerboard, PlanetHead?[/quote]