Why become a member? ×

Bass and vocals only CCR cover

Diablo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ury_p9YgknQ

Here is a vid of me and my wife at a local open mic night. We had no metronome, drummer or guitar so just got on with it, bass and vocals only! It was the first time either of us had ever played live, I played a couple of dud notes, but hey it was the first time and I was bricking myself really!

Afterwards people said we did pretty well, I thought it was okay for a first ever attempt and recorded on a knackered FlipHD camera.

Cheers,
Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I applaud you for getting up there and playing without any other instruments to hide behind/disguise within the mix. I thought you did really well, sure there was a couple of bloops but for your first time live that was really good. If anything, I find it's much harder to play without the framework of a band, you're pretty naked up there, musically speaking.

I don't think on that showing you've got much to worry about. Also as a plus, you didn't let your (very few) mistakes get to you. A wee smile maybe, but fairly poker faced about it. This is a good thing.

Now you've made a start, do it some more :)