Why become a member? ×

SERIOUS HELP NEEDED! Ampeg SVT-410HE possible blown crossover?

Hey guys

A friend of mine needs some help here. He's got an Ampeg USA SVT 410 HE cabinet but recently, his tweeter stopped working. From what we both read on the net, it seems like the Crossover fuse could of been driven a bit too hard and it's blown. He asked me to take a look but I didn't want to until I knew what the problem would be.

Can any one advise us on what the most likely reason for this is? Also, if it is a blown fuse/bulb, is this easy to replace and where could I get one for it?

Just so you know, i do all the work on his basses and amps which is why i'm asking about it :)

Thanks and any help will be appreciated.

Steve

I'm no expert on cabs so this might be a load of crap......
I had a genz cab blow the bulb, contacted Genz to se why there was a light bulb in the cab and hey said they do blow if you get a spike in high freq eg unplugging cable from bass with amp on

Whip it out and go down Halfords in the car bulb section

No no, any advise is welcome bud so it's not crap :) that seems like it's likely what happened as he runs a lot of treble on his amp and never turns off his volume before unplugging his bass. Combined with running high gain that probably did it.

I'll see if i can find any tweeter fuses on the net as well if he can't make it to a halfords.

Again, thanks for your reply Nugget!

If any one else has a inkling as to something else it could be, please advise me on it.