Why become a member? ×

Fender Lace Sensor bass pickups problem

inneutral

Hi, I have a Fender Precision Plus 1991 with Fender Lace Sensor pickups. Playing low down or high up the neck there's lots of power and cut through. Whilst playing 7th fret area on the A and D strings the power/volume just drops off.
I've had the bass for 15 years, it's been the same regardless of the amps/leads/effects I use. At the moment my rig is:

- Ampeg Pro III
- Ampeg 6x10 cab
- Line 6 Bass Pod XT Pro

My other basses (Gibson Thunderbird and Ernie Ball Stingray) don't present this problem so it must be the Fender bass.

Any ideas anyone?

Oh, and one other issue with this bass is that it seems the truss rod has maxxd, I have to use 95s instead of 105s to keep the action down.

Thanks.

Sounds like the neck has a dead spot! --There is a "PINNED" article about them on this section of the forum!

Smaller String size doesn't always mean lower tension -- I have found Ti Flats to be the lowest tension ( And excellent ) strings! ------ You may be able to remove the Truss rod nut and add a washer to gain more adjustment! ----Again there is a PINNED article about Truss Rods on here too!

Will.

Edited by 2x18